Here we go – yet another protein ball recipe. I know I post them a lot but it’s such an easy yummy snack to take with anywhere! And you can also serve them as a dessert with a cheeseboard and other nibbles. Fellow liquorice lovers – this is for you!
Liquorice Lemon Bites
1/3 C buckwheat kernels
1/3 C pepitas
1/3 C almonds
1 tsp liquorice root powder
5 medjool dates
4 dried figs
1 tbs of lemon peel (organic)
1/2 scoop (20g) of (vanilla) protein powder
1-2 tbs water
- First blend figs and dates in food processor until forms a paste. Remove the paste from the food processor.
- Blend almonds pepitas and buckwheat in the food processor until small pieces. About 30 s.
- Add rest of the ingredients and blend (including date&fig paste and water).
- Start balling.
Hi there I am here to save you with your afternoon sweet cravings or mid morning blood sugar drops! Making these balls, along with my baobab and orange ones, are my every weekend routine for the coming week to make sure I stay away from naughty snacking at work. The problem is though that they are bit too good and I eat them already in the morning and end up hangry in the afternoon anyway haha!
Once again peppermint, but it’s just so delicious with nutty buckwheat and spirulina, try yourself!
Peppermint Power Balls (about 12)
- 5 Medjool dates
- 1/2 C buckwheat kernels
- 1/2 C pepitas (or any seeds)
- 3 tbs of almonds
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I use Prana on Vanilla Creme)
- 1 tbs of super greens powder (or spirulina powder)
- 2 tbsp peppermint essential oil
- 1-3 tbs blended oats (optionally more protein powder or almond meal or if you don’t want mat finishing just leave it out)
- Soak pitted dates for a minimum of 5 minutes in water.
- Use a food processor to grind buckwheat, pepitas, and almonds to rough even flour.
- Add in five dates. Save the date infused water.
- Blend dates with the mixture in the food processor until it is evenly chopped.
- Add in protein powder and green powder.
- Infuse 2 drops of essential oil to one tablespoon of date water. Sparkle it around the mixture in food processor.
- Blend one last time with a food processor.
- If the texture is not sticking together add another tablespoon of date water. Careful though not to put too much water.
- Move mixture to a bowl and add a tablespoon of blended oats to mix and start rolling mixture into balls.
I used this product called Puhtikaura (which is basically powdered pre-cooked oats) to roll these balls to give them powdered finish. This is optional though and like I said before, you can use blended oats or almond meal or even cacao for this.
Accidentally nailed it. These are too good to keep in your office drawer.
Lemon meringue protein bites
1/3 C buckwheat kernels (oats or more cashews work too)
1/2 C cashews
8 medjool dates (soaked soft)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbs of lemon zest
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 C coconut shavings
1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Use a food processor (or blender) to grind cashews and buckwheat. Add coconut. Mix until not fine but small pieces. Remove from the processor.
- Mix soft dates until mushy in the food processor.
- Add remaining incredients.
- Blend until even. Remove with spatula to a mixing bowl and add 1-3 tbs water until the mixture is sticky and easy to roll.
- Roll to balls. This makes 12-18 balls.
- Store in freezer or fridge.