I have been down with a flu for past three days, which sucks. See below my go for a flu healing smoothie bowl.
Immunity Booster Smoothie bowl
1-2 tsp of fresh minced ginger
1/2-1 tsp of fresh minced turmeric
2/3 C frozen cauliflower
1/2 frozen banana
2/3 C steamed pumpkin (cooled)
1 C almond mylk
2 tsp baobab
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 drops of orange essential oil
1. Blend everything. Add essential oil at the end and blend more.
This is for you if you love Nutella, Ferrero Rocher, and Kinder Bueno. And coffee. Enjoy. Perfect way to start a slow weekend morning.
If you are not having an easter chocolate bender like we are at the moment, you can also use a tablespoon of cacao powder or spoonful of cacao nibs instead of melted chocolate. Or you can leave it out altogether, just hazelnuts, banana, and coffee are a divine combination.
Hazelnut Mocca Smoothie Bowl (for two)
3-4 frozen bananas
1/3 C almond mylk
double shot of espresso (or strong coffee)
1/3 C hazelnuts
1 tsp of vanilla beans (or extract)
20 g of dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- Roast hazelnuts fro 10-15 mins in 200 C. Let cool. (I roast these earlier and keep in a jar if I feel like this smoothie etc. They just taste richer after roasting). No oil needed.
- Make espresso and let it cool in the fridge.
- Blend 2/3 bananas and hazelnuts with almond mylk and coffee. Add remaining bananas and vanilla. Blend.
- Melt the chocolate on top of boiling water. use a spatula to pour the melted chocolate into a blender. Blend.
- Enjoy in a bowl topped with some crushed hazelnuts and more chocolate or berries.
//EDIT: I healthified the recipe for weekday mornings. I tried it today and it was still amazing. See below:
Healthified Hazelnut Mocca Smoothie Bowl (for one)
1.5 -2 frozen bananas
splash of almond mylk/any plant based milk
shot of espresso (or strong coffee)
1/4 C hazelnuts
1 heaped tbs of vanilla protein powder