I feel like I have cracked the da vinci code with this recipe. I love chocolate mousse and I’m obsessed with making it healthy. I have previously made one that is brilliant, but the texture is more pudding thank fluffy mousse. So take this as an upgraded version when you have that extra 10 minutes (and some extra aquafaba from a can of chickpeas).
Fluffy Chocolate Mousse, GF/DF/vegan (Serves 4 for dessert)
1/2 C aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
300g silken tofu, drained
1 tbs almond butter
2 tbs raw cacao
1-2 tbs sweetener of choice (I happened to have monkfruit and erythritol mix, normally would have used coconut sugar)
50g dark chocolate
40g (1 scoop) favourite protein powder (I used Tropeaka Salted Caramel)
Pinch of salt
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl on top of a pot of boiling water, make sure that the bowl covers the whole pot and no steam escapes. Set aside.
2. Add tofu in a blender with almond butter and melted chocolate. Once mixed together add raw cacao, sweetener, protein powder and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and add sweetener if needed.
3. In a separate bowl, use hand mixer to whip aquafaba to a foam. This takes about 5 mins.
4. Pour the tofu mix from the blender to the bowl and carefully fold the mixture. Do not over mix.
5. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.