This is for you if you love Nutella, Ferrero Rocher, and Kinder Bueno. And coffee. Enjoy. Perfect way to start a slow weekend morning.
If you are not having an easter chocolate bender like we are at the moment, you can also use a tablespoon of cacao powder or spoonful of cacao nibs instead of melted chocolate. Or you can leave it out altogether, just hazelnuts, banana, and coffee are a divine combination.
Hazelnut Mocca Smoothie Bowl (for two)
3-4 frozen bananas
1/3 C almond mylk
double shot of espresso (or strong coffee)
1/3 C hazelnuts
1 tsp of vanilla beans (or extract)
20 g of dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- Roast hazelnuts fro 10-15 mins in 200 C. Let cool. (I roast these earlier and keep in a jar if I feel like this smoothie etc. They just taste richer after roasting). No oil needed.
- Make espresso and let it cool in the fridge.
- Blend 2/3 bananas and hazelnuts with almond mylk and coffee. Add remaining bananas and vanilla. Blend.
- Melt the chocolate on top of boiling water. use a spatula to pour the melted chocolate into a blender. Blend.
- Enjoy in a bowl topped with some crushed hazelnuts and more chocolate or berries.
//EDIT: I healthified the recipe for weekday mornings. I tried it today and it was still amazing. See below:
Healthified Hazelnut Mocca Smoothie Bowl (for one)
1.5 -2 frozen bananas
splash of almond mylk/any plant based milk
shot of espresso (or strong coffee)
1/4 C hazelnuts
1 heaped tbs of vanilla protein powder