Oatgurt is my take on oat based yoghurt. It’s my favorite weekday breakfast that is full of nutrition, fiber, veggies and fruit/berries depending on what you blend in. This one is pumpkin spice flavored as a hurray to October, even though I live in Southern Hemisphere. But all of us in Melbourne need a big hug with this prolonged hard lockdown so try this for breakfast to add some happiness to your day during this grim time.
Pumpkin Spice Oatgurt (GFO, Vegan)
1/2 c oats (GF if needed)
1 tsp chia seeds (or hemp seeds)
1/2 c cooked pumpkin (oven roasted or steamed)
Handful frozen zucchini
1/2 frozen banana (or any mild flavored fruit/vegetable, I’ve tried fresh papaya and more frozen zucchini)
1-2 tbs vanilla protein powder (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Cover oats and chia with water and place to fridge for at least 1 h.
- Blend all ingredients. Add protein and spices last. Add more spices or add sweetener if desired.
- Serve with the maple tahini sauce, granola and your favorite fruit/berries.
Maple Tahini Sauce
1 tbs tahini
1 tsp maple syrup
1-2 tbs hot water
- Mix all ingredient in a small bowl.
- Poor on top of the oatgurt bowl.
You can also add maca powder or turmeric for a health boost or soak the oats in coffee/espresso to make this PSL bowl.