Something fresh, yet filling, satisfying and warming? Here is a Moroccan spiced salad for any occasion – in my case for dinner. I have a feeling I will be making this a lot this summer to bring with me to barbeques!
Moroccan Salad (for two as main or four as a side)
1 can of chickpeas
Spinach (150 g)
2 tbs Tahini
1/2 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
Bunch of Coriander
- Heat the oven to 200 Celcius.
- Cut the fennel (Trim off the fennel stalks. Cut the bulb in half. Cut the halves into quarters. Peel off any wilted outer layers. Slice the fennel crosswise. Fronds can be used as a garnish later). Season fennel with cumin, salt and 1 tbs of olive oil. Move to an oven dish.
- Cut carrots to sticks. Season with 1 tbs of olive oil, turmeric and cumin. Place in the oven in a dish.
- Wash and drain chickpeas. Season with Himalayan salt & cumin. Place into the oven.
- Meanwhile, peel the orange and chop to pieces.
- Wash the spinach.
- Cut the orange into bites.
- Make the sauce by mixing tahini, 1/2 tbs of olive oil, 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar, juice of 1/2 lemon and salt&pepper.
- Mix sauce with spinach and orange.
- Let the roasted vegetables and chickpeas cool.
- Mix vegetables to the spinach mix. Add coriander.