Accidentally nailed it. These are too good to keep in your office drawer.
Lemon meringue protein bites
1/3 C buckwheat kernels (oats or more cashews work too)
1/2 C cashews
8 medjool dates (soaked soft)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbs of lemon zest
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 C coconut shavings
1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Use a food processor (or blender) to grind cashews and buckwheat. Add coconut. Mix until not fine but small pieces. Remove from the processor.
- Mix soft dates until mushy in the food processor.
- Add remaining incredients.
- Blend until even. Remove with spatula to a mixing bowl and add 1-3 tbs water until the mixture is sticky and easy to roll.
- Roll to balls. This makes 12-18 balls.
- Store in freezer or fridge.